January 15, 2009

Birthday Reflections

I just celebrated my 28th birthday yesterday. I don't feel old or anything, but I do feel that I aged in the past year in a good way. I think this was the year I finally took the final steps toward manhood and left the boy in me behind. Though I am sad to see the boy go, I am glad to finally be the man I need to be.

I have some exciting things coming my way in the future and I know that they won't always be the most enjoyable things to endure. However, I do know that they will all be for a greater purpose in my life. In the meantime, when I am faced with some difficulties I have something I can look at for inspiration. I can look at it and it will bring an instant smile to my face.

I don't know who this little person is yet, but I can't wait for us to meet so I can hopefully give him or her the same inspiration I have received.

No comments: