January 19, 2009

A Great Moment in American History

Everyone should use their DVR or Tivo tomorrow to record the inauguration. Tomorrow will be a historic day and I know I will be more than happy to witness it. I can honestly say that I never thought I would see the nation's first Black president before I turned 50. I think this is the beginning of a new chapter in this country. Not only did we elect the first Black president, but we also elected the first interracial president. I think that is a bigger point that is being overlooked.

President Barack Obama is not just a Black man. He is just as much Caucasian as he is Black. That really excites me because I have my own little interracial child on the way and hopefully more to follow. When they come and ask me if they can one day become president, I will sit them down and show them the man who is just like them getting inaugurated. This is bigger than we think and will have a long lasting effect on the future.

So tune in and watch. I will be watching from my desk at work (shh!!) while I sport my Obama Change shirt.

No comments: