July 27, 2008

Beckhamania...



So tonight I was able to add another person to the list of soccer legends I have seen play in person. David Beckham came to town with the LA Galaxy to play my F.C. Dallas and I was able to make it out to watch. Though his Galaxy teammates chose to lay an egg, he did not disappoint. He was making 40 yard pin-point passes and making everything he did look easy. He even had a few of his trademark corner kicks that were dangerous and almost led to scores on all of them.

I can only imagine how much better he was a few years ago when he was still at what most consider his prime. Don't get me wrong, the guy can certainly still play at a higher level than most players in MLS, but I don't think he could step in right now and start for Man U. like he did back in the day.

Anyway, it was a great night and made even better since Dallas actually won the game.

No comments: