August 26, 2008

Can't Sleep... Reflecting

It's 2am, I can't sleep, and I'm having one of my weird moments of deep thought...

Ever since I finished my Master's thesis I have felt kind of lost. The thesis was a lot of work, and was quite the pain in the ass at times, but I just really enjoyed it. Then when I finished and graduated I had this sudden drop off where I didn't know what I was supposed to be doing. I felt like one of those guys who work for 30 years and then start to go crazy when they finally get to retire. Recently I've finally started to come out of the woods and figure out what it is that I want to do next. I already have the decent paying job, but I want more. I'm thinking I may want to go for the PhD so I can finally get out of the cubicle wars. I actually just ordered a GRE study guide so I can finally take the exam at some point to keep my options open. I just know I will get it all figured out and I will find myself on whatever path I am destined to travel.

No comments: