July 11, 2010

A Sad Day For Me

Today was a rough day, but what made it rougher was I knew it was going to come at some point. Today was the last day my family would be regular members of Destiny Worship Center Christian Church in Cedar Hill. The church will be moving its worship services to a new location that will just be too far for us to attend normally after our own relocation. We were really pushing it by continuing to attend after we moved, but we just enjoyed it so much that we put any discomfort for us to the wayside and made the trek each week, but we knew at some point it would have to end.

We started with the church in the fall of 2008 and it was the first church where I was not only a member, but actually excited about attending. In the years before starting to go there I had been to church for a non-funeral service one time back in 1999 (I only remember because I went to church with Cara that one time). In the short couple of years we worshiped there I got baptized and took an active role in the worship service by being in charge of church announcements. The church felt like a second home for me and the pastor certainly challenged me to push myself spiritually and find my true destiny.  I will miss our church family and will try to pop in there every so often to see everyone.  In the meantime, we will begin our quest for a new church home closer to our area.

And for all those in the Dallas area who are looking for a church, I urge you to check out DWC. The people are friendly and I can guarantee you will certainly not leave the same way you came. :)

No comments: